15 years ago and ** pounds lighter

In the compound of our cozy lil 2 storey crib, there was this shady mango tree that had many branches but had only produced like ONE fruit in its entire life.


I would climb up the tree and sit on one of the branches, overlooking the other side of the fence, I pretend to be invisible and freeze up every time someone passes by our house. I would stare them down with piercing eyes pretending to be a ghost.. in broad daylight, but no one ever looked back. I'd put flowers on my head and started doing poses like a supermodel and make weird humming sounds up in that tree. I didn't think it was hilarious then, I was in the zone, it was my thing and have been doing it almost everyday for years.

Until the day my dad decided to cut down the tree.. 
It was the day my invisibility gift was taken away
I didn't think I was that sad cause the tree never bore fruits even after all the fertilizer we invested in.
But in the pit of my stomach I knew I had lost one of my childhood friend.

Good bye shady Mango tree. You will always be my sus partner.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 1, 2016 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.